Your body requires sleep and will manage it similar to how your body regulates the need for eating, drinking, and breathing. The amount of sleep we needs gets less as we age from birth but can vary by person. If we sleep on a regular basis this can help our overall health and longevity.
According to the website Better Sleep, Better Life there are 7 key benefits of getting a good night’s sleep.
- Sleep helps to repair your body
- Sleep helps keep your heart healthy
- Sleep reduces stress
- Sleep improves your memory
- Sleep helps control body weight issues
- Sleep reduces your chances of diabetes
- Sleep reduces the occurrence of mood disorders
Read the full article.